Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Song #6: "Ticket to the Moon" By Electric Light Orchestra


Remember the good old 1980's,
When things were so uncomplicated,
I wish I could go back there again;
And everything could be the same.

I've got a ticket to the moon,
I'll be leaving here any day soon;
Yeah, I've got a ticket to the moon,
But I'd rather see the sunrise, in your eyes.

Got a ticket to the moon
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon,
And the tears I cry might turn into the rain
That gently falls upon your window;
You'll never know.

Ticket to the moon.
Fly, fly through a troubled sky
Up to a new world shining bright.

Flying high above,
Soaring madly through the mysteries that come,
Wondering sadly if the ways that led me here
Could turn around and I would see you there,
Standing there.

Ticket to the moon
Flight leaves here today from Satellite 2
As the minutes go by, what shall I do,
I paid the fare, what more can I say,
It's just one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment